Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mr. Buddy propane heater (Model MH12C) that uses the small disposable tanks and want to "convert it" to use the large 20# tanks. I see where there adapters to do this but my owners manual says not to use tanks of not more than 2.5# (75 c.i.). Would it be safe enough to do this? Would I need a pressure regulator? I also plan to run an 8-10' hose from tank to heater (for use inside an ice shanty this winter) so that I can keep tank outside. Thanx for comments/advice.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
you can use those adabpters and hoses, make sure to get a regulator to, the big tank will have more presure then those devices are designed for.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I run my Mr.Heater buddy all deer season right off a #20 tank with no regulator ,Just use the hose with adapter that I bought when heater was new ,Been using it now for a couple years with NO problem Skeeter

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm with the Mr Heater Tech Dept and just wanted to clear up your question.

The 12C can be used with a 20# tank. All you need is a hose that connects directly to the tank and to the fitting on the 12C. You do not need a regulator. The heater has its own internal regulator (a component of the control valve).

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
And PLEASE keep ventilation in mind while operating your heater in confined spaces. Two things automatically happen when using fossil fuel combustion type heaters.
1) They use oxygen to burn
2) They emit CO (Carbon Monoxide) as a byproduct of the combustion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts