Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like the more I read these forums , the more upset I get when someone promotes their equipment , while critising the equipment choice of others .
Everyone is different , and we all make recommendations when someone asks , but why should a person contantly have to defend their choice of equipment ?
WB vs. drop away , mechanical vs. fixed heads , Bowtec vs. Hoyt vs. Mathews , etc.
Who cares ? Shoot what works for you and spend more time helping new archers get started by being a mentor , and less time promoting our choice of bows , and equipment .

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
TnRidge said:
It seems like the more I read these forums , the more upset I get when someone promotes their equipment , while critising the equipment choice of others .
Everyone is different , and we all make recommendations when someone asks , but why should a person contantly have to defend their choice of equipment ?
WB vs. drop away , mechanical vs. fixed heads , Bowtec vs. Hoyt vs. Mathews , etc.
Who cares ? Shoot what works for you and spend more time helping new archers get started by being a mentor , and less time promoting our choice of bows , and equipment .
I think alot of the debating that goes on here is not started intentionally. Usually a new person to the sport asks a question. Like what is better mechanicals or fixed broad heads. Why do they ask they ask because they want to get the best practical product. They don't want to go through the trial and error process that most of us have done all ready.

So they are out looking for opinions when you look for opinions they usually turn into a debate. Either way the best advice I tell beginners is you have to go through the trial and error on your own and find out what works best for you. I have no problem helping or giving pointers or teaching some one how to shoot.

I love hunting with a bow, if I didn't I would not have been hunting with one for 18 years.

I love shooting a bow, it is the cheapest shooting sport I know of. The ammo is reusable 100%, all you do is go retrieve your arrows from the target and your ready for another round.

If I didn't love shooting with a bow I would not have been doing it for 22 years now.

·
Registered
514 Posts
TnRidge said:
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
161 Posts
thats the debate that will go on for ever!!!! As long as people are strict loyalists to one manufacturer. you will have biased opinions. The funny thing is. alot of the people that I've talked w/ and seen that believe what they use is the best. and the rest is not any good. and they havent used anything else. Which is bogus !!! cause they have no experience with other products. They just go by what they use!! And some are even hard headed enough to not want to try anything else. Which is rediculas. Why hold yourself back from actually trying something new. Heck !! You might like it better than than what currently have!! It's a never ending battle with hard headed people. Thats just the way life is....

·
Registered
15,867 Posts
Ford or Chevy? Levi's or Wrangler's? Burger King or McD's? Winston's or Marl's? Blonds, brunette's or redheads?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Pinefarm said:
Ford or Chevy? Levi's or Wrangler's? Burger King or McD's? Winston's or Marl's? Blonds, brunette's or redheads?
Blondes!

I think it's fun to talk about the equipment. Arguing about what is best helps bring out the pro's and con's of the equipment we buy, saves everyone time and money. :chillin: We are all preparing for the hunt...months ahead of time!

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Pinefarm said:
Ford, Carhartt, Hardee's (mmmm), Grizzly (smoking stinks), brunette's:lol:

I get sick of people defending their equipment just as much as anyone but posting to these forums about what I've experianced gives me something to look forward to at work. Listening to some of these guys jaw about why what they use is the best can be entertaining. If you don't like it, don't post and move on.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing wrong with having a opinion . I'm just saying that if someone spent as much time promoting archery and being a mentor to a new archer / bowhunter as we did with our equipment choices , the sport would be alot better off .

It's more important to help a new archer out with form ,draw length , and bow tuning than brand loyalty .

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
i agree, so much anymore conversation is driven by ego instead of friendship.
TnRidge said:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Sometimes you have to wade through the crap to get what you want. This forum isn't as bad as some....
Chevy, Carhart, Brunette.:evil:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts