Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
35,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon we will be rolling out a product review section on the website. This will be similar to the photo gallery. It will allow the upload of a picture of the product as well as the rating of products, specify the price paid for products, enter pros and cons for the product, etc.

Tagging along with this will be a dedicated classifieds section for the site. This will be much improved over our pure forum based classifieds as they exist today. Sellers will be able to determine the time to run an ad. SOLD IT! and RELIST IT! will be additional options. There will be a "contact seller page" which does not reveal sellers email address, etc.

·
Administrator
35,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Add some reviews if you can. The coolest part is the automatic link that get created to the DealTime site so you can immediately start shopping for the item(s).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I would like to do a review of a few things that come to mind. I will try to sit down this weekend and write it. That link to the Deal Time site could get pretty expensive.:D

·
Administrator
35,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reviews with pictures are preferable if you have some. If not picture-less reviews will work as well.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I was just looking at it and it looks good. I was wondering if there is any place where you can suggest a review on an item you would like to purchase? Could we place that in the forum?

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
I think that will be a particularly good forum. How many times have we wanted to try something out, but didn't know if it worked, this could save me a bunch of money.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Another thought for you....

Maybe a product cost database for every day prices? For example, I've found that a lot of simple hunting and fishing gear can vary greatly from store to store. The same Panther Martin I pay $2.99 for at Gander Mountain is $2.29 at MC Sports. Might not work perfectly since some of us don't have access to all the big name stores, but it would be a nice resource.

Seems like so often I'm in search of one exact product and I don't have time to or just don't want to bother to run to 4 different places to save a buck or two.

·
Administrator
35,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also plan to re-implement the Michigan Fly Box using a variation of the product review software. I will try to modify the script to allow more than three pictures and eliminate ratings. The name of text fields will also have to be renamed. The plus side is that any of you will be able to upload a fly with pictures and instructions without waiting for me to make a new page for it.

I will of course convert all of our current fly box entries to this new format when the time comes.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Very cool! I hope to have something to add in the future! Great idea!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Liability; How much would that be? Just a thought, would be nice. I think a lot of us would like to buy and sell firearms here on MS. There are other places we can go to, so can't have everything. I understand Steve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts