Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot a t/c omega with 245 gr. powerbelts and 2-50gr. 777 pellets. Shot 2" groups at 100 yards. 2 weeks ago it took a fall when lowering it from my tree stand and the rope broke!:mad: I took it to the range to check it. I shot about 20 rounds before I was comfortable with it again. Took it out hunting and after missing twice went back to the range. Found without any adjustment my shots were wandering all over the place. From 50 yards it would shoot 6" high then 4" low and 3" left then off the target. I am shooting off a rest and cleaning between shots. Then I decide that the scope must have taken a bigger hit fromthe fall than I thought so I put a new scope on it but have the sameresults!:confused: Anyone have any ideas as to what my problem might be? Thanks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Did you check your stock? Is it made out of wood? Their could be a small slit in the stock. The barrel could be loose and when you fire the barrel it could move away from the stock. That is all I can think, other than your rings could be loose?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I would check the rings and bases, I would remove them and remount them to make sure they are set.

Take a look at the screw on the bottom that attaches the stock to the barrel and make sure it is snug. Don't tighten it to much, but make it tight enough to make sure it doesn't move when fired.

I also shoot the TC Shockwaves in my Omega. They shoot really great.

Let us know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks smith&wesson man and hunt4ever. The stock is synthetic but after your posts I double checked the stock and found the front mount, which is held onto the barrel with two screws, was loose (rear mount is welded to the barrel). I was also told to check the rifling for nicks but all looks ok to me. I'll post results tomorrow. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok the results are in, took 8 shots at 50 yards with adjustments to the scope and the last 4 shots were in a 2" group
Then took 5 shots at 100 yards that were all scattered low and to both left and right:confused:. Took a break for about three hours and took 5 more shots at 100 yards, first shot 1" low and 2" left, second shot 2" low and 7 " left, shots 3-5 off the paper??????? Don't know where to go next but I think I'll try some t/c shockwaves.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Mykiss Mania,

When you were shooting your omega did you wipe in between shots. Sometimes not wiping with a solvent or TC's number 13 bore cleaner causes the barrel to load up with a powder residue making it harder to load and builds different pressures in the barrel sometimes giving you flyers instead of tight groups. That is the only thing I can think of. A buddy of mine shoots an Omega with the shockwave bullets and likes them alot. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thumbgoodfisherman, yes I run a patch with #13 and then a dry patch or two between every shot. I think I will try the shockwaves tomorrow but it just does not make sense because the powerbelts always shot amazingly accurate before. Hopefully I can atleast get it shooting before the Ohio smoke pole season, I would hate to miss that trip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally some tight groups at 50 and 100 yards today!:cool: I switched from the powerbelts to the t/c shockwaves and that did it, I am shooting a 2" group at 100 yards. Now I can finally get back out in the woods and enjoy myself instead of stressing out about my gun.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
mykiss mania said:
Finally some tight groups at 50 and 100 yards today!:cool: I switched from the powerbelts to the t/c shockwaves and that did it, I am shooting a 2" group at 100 yards. Now I can finally get back out in the woods and enjoy myself instead of stressing out about my gun.
I tried probably 6 or 7 different bullets and weights till I found what my Knight Disc liked the best. Settled on 300 grain Hornady SST's.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I had the same problem with Powerbelts...very frustrating. I'm shooting Dead Center bullets now and am very pleased.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Seems a little weird to me. Why would PB's work so well before and not now? I shoot PB's out of my CVA Optima Pro and I get amazing accuracy out of them. I better not drop my smoke pole.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts