Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time in 24 years of hunting I finally let the fisrt buck I see walk ...It was a small 8 point,rack just out to the far edge of his ears...Came in behind me at about 7:00 tonight....Broadside at about 20 feet...Nice young buck but I just felt that this is my year for a big one...Kind of CARMA if you will....I let him walk... so his dad will come to thank me later in the season..:evil:

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
good deal.wait until youve let about 50 walk,and karma still doesnt repay you.belive me youll be wantin to spike the next one:lol::lol:.but dont do it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
When I was younger my dad would let all kinds of bucks "walk". I never understood why until I got older. It prolongs your season and you enjoy the time in your stand.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was thinking same thing about best opener ever and not shots.
Thought of taking a doe but was surrounded by 12. Saw over 30 with 6 or 7 bucks letting a cool looking 5 pt walking. Close to 15 inches tall straight up and almost touching

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to Edit this post a bit....I have been very fortunate to have taken 17 buck's in my 24 years of hunting..:D...But this was the first time I have let the first nice buck I have seen walk when I could have shot him...

·
Registered
817 Posts
Jacob,

Some of the best hunting I have had was when I went into the woods knowing that I was after and letting everything else walk.

Targeting a certain animal seems to bring out the drive in my hunting.

I passed up a 135 class buck in Wisconsin hunting because I already had a big buck down here in Michigan. I was after nothing less than a 10 point and I knew there was a few there in that neck of the woods. 20 minutes after I let it walk the landowners cousin shot it and was overcome with joy. His best buck to date. Glad I passed him up . I never shot a thing that week but the hunt was exceptional.

Hope you find that magical one.

Lumpy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts