Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Sounds more like a side effect of injection than the vaccine.
How sore your arm gets depends a lot on how fast they push down the plunger. The slower they go the less pain.
-----------------
U of M posted on their website that they have stopped 1st dose vaccinations until they get more vaccines from the state. What they have in stock is being used for 2nd shots. U of M has geared up to administer up to 14,000 dose (1st and 2nd doses) a day, seven days a week. Yesterday they administered zero 1st dose vaccines.

·
Administrator
26,703 Posts
My wife got a text from Macomb County Health Dept. this morning saying she was up for the shot today and to fill out the information provided in the text. She started to do so immediately and before she was even half way thru it, she got another text saying sorry, took to long and you'll have to wait. I called the number provided to ask wtf is going on but it has been shut off. Who ever is in charge of distribution needs an ass whipping IMO. We are both in our 70's and her health is about as bad as can be and if she gets this bug, she dies. No two ways about it, it will kill her and for people to play games like they did with her and all the others in need of the vaccine is beyond the pale. I'm curious as to who our Dear Leader in Lansing will blame for it.
My aunt(89) and her daughter(teacher) got one there today.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
My wife got a text from Macomb County Health Dept. this morning saying she was up for the shot today and to fill out the information provided in the text. She started to do so immediately and before she was even half way thru it, she got another text saying sorry, took to long and you'll have to wait. I called the number provided to ask wtf is going on but it has been shut off. Who ever is in charge of distribution needs an ass whipping IMO. We are both in our 70's and her health is about as bad as can be and if she gets this bug, she dies. No two ways about it, it will kill her and for people to play games like they did with her and all the others in need of the vaccine is beyond the pale. I'm curious as to who our Dear Leader in Lansing will blame for it.
Shortly after posting the above, my wife got another text telling her she had an appointment at 2:00 today at the Macomb County College campus. They have a tent set up in the parking lot for registration that took less than 5 minutes and a shuttle bus took her to the building where the shots are being administered. Within a half hour of arriving, registering and getting the shot, we we were done and gone. As I mentioned and has others, who ever is in charge of distribution is doing a piss poor job but I cannot say enough about the Ascension Health people who are running the show that gave my wife the vaccine. To say they are extremely efficient is not saying enough. I don't understand what it was with the first couple of texts but it doesn't matter now. Her next shot is Feb. 4 at the same location.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Shortly after posting the above, my wife got another text telling her she had an appointment at 2:00 today at the Macomb County College campus. They have a tent set up in the parking lot for registration that took less than 5 minutes and a shuttle bus took her to the building where the shots are being administered. Within a half hour of arriving, registering and getting the shot, we we were done and gone. As I mentioned and has others, who ever is in charge of distribution is doing a piss poor job but I cannot say enough about the Ascension Health people who are running the show that gave my wife the vaccine. To say they are extremely efficient is not saying enough. I don't understand what it was with the first couple of texts but it doesn't matter now. Her next shot is Feb. 4 at the same location.
Where did she sign up for the texts?

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
QUOTE="tgafish, post: 8909611, member: 1245"]Where did she sign up for the texts?[/QUOTE]

At first I thought she said it was from the Macomb Health Dept. but she later told me it was from the Ascension Health Services which St. Johns Hospital is a part of and thats were her doctors are.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
QUOTE="tgafish, post: 8909611, member: 1245"]Where did she sign up for the texts?
At first I thought she said it was from the Macomb Health Dept. but she later told me it was from the Ascension Health Services which St. Johns Hospital is a part of and thats were her doctors are.[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Wife and I were fortunate today. We were on a standby list for excess vaccine shots given by our health department at the local school gym. Got the call at 5p today and get here ASAP now! 15 minute rocket ride and we were there along with maybe 50 other people. We were handed a simple form to fill out, ushered to the gym area, and waited maybe 5 minutes in line. The ARMY National Guard was administering the vaccines. My turn, and thanked the soldier for his service and for doing this for us. He was an Army PA. I asked if they would be here all weekend, and he said: "No. Wish we could stay, but we're being deployed to Lansing to prepare for the pending riots and insurgency coming this weekend and the next week." So many people in this community just lost out. 1 hour from the time we left home, and back at home. Pretty emotional seeing the professionalism involved.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts