Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
35,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the State health department have began to move on from essential workers and those who live in group home settings it’s opened the door to more citizens, with restrictions of course.

Teachers, other essential workers, AG workers and the 65 year olds and up fall into group 1B. Did anyone one else get signed up for the covid vaccination?

I got through on the first day of registration and left a message only to find out dhd4 would not honor that group. I was able to get through again on the second day on my 149th try. My wife and myself are scheduled a week from Saturday. Only a 60 mile one way drive. A close friend and his wife are in route from a Indian River to Manistique as we speak plus another close friend will be going the same day as we are.

Stay safe until it’s your turn. We are finally beginning to move back to normalcy. I can’t wait until this thing is nothing but a bad memory.

·
Super Moderator
35,339 Posts
I did receive an email asking if I would want a vaccine should it be made available to a nearby hospital for distribution into arms. It did not specify when this would potentially be.

·
Registered
26,528 Posts
I did receive an email asking if I would want a vaccine should it be made available to a nearby hospital for distribution into arms. It did not specify when this would potentially be.
Government agency or work?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had my 2nd shot a week ago. I had called my county health department the first weekish of December. I gave them some ID info and they said just come in right away. I’m a 44 year old male without underlying issues by the way. I thought that was very quick considering they had not opened up to the general public yet. They did my wife and kids too

·
Administrator
26,694 Posts
We signed up thru Henry ford health system and yesterday found out Meijer will be processing too. Signed up there too. No appointments yet.

Try signing up parents. Without texting (parents)and such is not easy. They wanted their main doctor but they said probably will be months till they get any.

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Heard the 2nd shot knocks the hell out of ya for 24 hours??

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Saw a post from a friend in Minnesota on FB, EMT's... and a lot are experiencing crappy like feeling on the 2nd shots. Some having bad symptoms. Looked at post again with more responses and some have just soreness and others are saying mild yuck feeling. All over in 24 hours or less.

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
Heard the 2nd shot knocks the hell out of ya for 24 hours??
Gf's dad had the 2nd round and said he had more lingering pain than the first shot but didn't seem bad after either. A little fatigued but not bad.

The GF has had one shot and she was in quite a lot of pain the first day/night but by the 2nd day said the pain was at the level of a flu shot. She said her shoulder, left side of her back and arm/wrist were hurting pretty bad. She said her wrist felt like it had been stung by 100 bees. She's not usually over dramatic so I half believe her. Lol

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
Sore arm and fatigue sounds most common. And thats what... 1 in 10 people last I heard
That's everyone I know of directly.

1 in 10 sounds like a cnn number.

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
Its a pfizer number
ooooohhhh well then. Boy you got me there.

Check the WHO's twitter account. They still have a tweet up from this time last year saying after an investigation from a Wuhan lab they have found no occurrence of person to person transmission from covid19.

Believe what you want man.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My MIL got her first shot and she is not an essential worker or even close but she was on a wait list I guess. The real question is what/if there are negative consequences a year or more after? Noone knows. I am a frontline worker and opted out of right now. I'm gonna hold out for the time being.

·
Super Moderator
35,339 Posts
ooooohhhh well then. Boy you got me there.

Check the WHO's twitter account. They still have a tweet up from this time last year saying after an investigation from a Wuhan lab they have found no occurrence of person to person transmission from covid19.

Believe what you want man.
The only 2 people I know who have now had both doses have had nothing but a sore arm.

Pfizer isn't in the business of making up people's side effects. Actually I think if you look in the study info, you'll find a lot of the placebo group had side effects too lol

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
Had my 2nd shot a week ago. I had called my county health department the first weekish of December. I gave them some ID info and they said just come in right away. I’m a 44 year old male without underlying issues by the way. I thought that was very quick considering they had not opened up to the general public yet. They did my wife and kids too
So you got a vaccine that should of went to another age group. That’s real big of you.

·
Super Moderator
11,734 Posts
Howdy-
Since I'm involved with Beaumont regarding kidney donation I'm in the queue there, but they're sending out random invites.
To hedge my bet I also signed up thru the Meijer program.
Wife has underlying issues and St. Joe has told her they'll let her know.
Hurry up and wait....

1 - 20 of 69 Posts