Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,636 Posts
my instincts tell me to not plan on hunting prior rd. on opener. it will get done but i'm not sure it will be done in time to charge the ditches, and flood the fields IF they get the crops off in time.

best case scenario is they get it done and south prior up to speed for opener. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to the rookery for the youth hunt. Haven't been there in about 5 years, was very surprised to see the cattail over growth. Are they planning anything for that unit?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I talked to dnr personnel today after hunting . He said the project is on schedule and should be done in time to flood for opener.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I talked to dnr personnel today after hunting . He said the project is on schedule and should be done in time to flood for opener.
That is odd that they said that seeing that at our last sfcha meeting they said that at that time they were a week behind. From what I have heard it is a 50/50 shot at best for prior rd to be flooded. The white beans should not be an issue seeing there is a little trick farmers can use to get them ready to harvest.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Where is this Prior Rd at?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts