Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm looking to get a primos truth 35 or 46. I've been looking at them on eBay and I found some that aren't to expensive. I don't mind spending the money but I plan on leaving it in Ohio for a month or two. I just don't want to lose a expensive one. For you all that have them, what do you think of them? How long is the battery life? Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
372 Posts
Battery life is good. 4 D's last about 2 mo + in summer & 1= in winter. Older models had a "clunk" noise, but the newer ones don't. Try googling "chasinggame". They have a lot of good info & reviews. Here's a few pics from mine....

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Check out this website they have a thorough review of trail cameras. http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=2

If you are going to spend the money I would buy the black flash one. It is the Primos Truth Came 60 Blackout. I got one last year for Christmas and put it out during January and February with no issues. The black flash is nice because the camera with proper scent control is undetected.

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
I run 4-5 cameras pretty much year round. IMO the 46 is the absolute best bang for your buck and I have owned a bunch. As far as scouting cameras go they all suck but the primos seem to be the best in the cheap price range. I think you can get the 46 for under $100 sometimes.

The 35 works ok but for some reason they seem to have less battery life.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. I would love to get a black flash but I don't want spend $200 or so for someone to steal it. I plan on leaving it down there for a couple months...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for everyones help. I just ordered two of the truth 46's on eBay...

·
Registered
666 Posts
just ordered 5 of the primos 35's from natchez Shootings supplies. they are on sale! you can get refurbished models for 49.99 a peice if you order 2 or more.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Battery life is good. 4 D's last about 2 mo + in summer & 1= in winter.
Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but that is not good battery life.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but that is not good battery life.

Everything is based upon the amount of use. On the Primos you can set the video to 10, 30 or 60 seconds and of course on the 60 second mode it uses more battery life. Same for pics...you set the time interval, amount of pics ect...battery life is all based on the settings you use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts