Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...Been drooling over some dvd hunts that I have been watching recently. Two questions: the rising moon...what is that? and is there any place online where you guys are checking the pressure. Generally they are stating that as the pressure is rising...deer begin to move. And is this something that is able to be forecasted...or pretty much day to day?

Thanks

·
Registered
648 Posts
this is the best place I have found---www.silunarforecast.com/solunarforecast.aspx it gives you the best movement times and moon phases.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Rising moon , correct me if I'm wrong, is when the moon is actually rising during daylight hours.

The rising moon usually has deer feeding more during daylight hours (to my experience) so, this is one of the best times to hunt food sources.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Rising moon refers to the time of day that the moon is rising in the sky. This happens at a different time every day. The rising of the moon is what tells deer that its time to get up and feed for the day. Severe weather or hunting pressure will keep deer in cover when the rising occurs however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts