Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
perch killer said:

looking for a recipe to perserve wigglers .i had one but can't remember it.​
Search "preserve wigglers" on this board. Been discussed before. Can't find mine either:mad:

·
Registered
322 Posts
u talking about the water wigglers used for ice fishing, I just split them up into small packages of 15 or so and freeze them without and water, they had together better frozen then alive also

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have actually found a good recipe that works very good. First boil some water, then put some powdered Boric acid. Then drop a few wiggs in and let them sit in their for a little bit. Take them out and let them dry for a couple hours, I have found that this is the key step for myself. Then put a few drops of annis oil in a small container and add the wiggs in ang roll the container to spread the annis on the wiggs. This isn't a joke it actually works. I've done better on these than I have on live ones at times.

·
Premium Member
29,756 Posts
I know of someone who preserves mayfly's in rubbing alchohol in canning jar until the next year. Should work for wigglers too. Even put in green food coloring to make green ones.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ryppinlyp said:
I have actually found a good recipe that works very good. First boil some water, then put some powdered Boric acid. Then drop a few wiggs in and let them sit in their for a little bit. Take them out and let them dry for a couple hours, I have found that this is the key step for myself. Then put a few drops of annis oil in a small container and add the wiggs in ang roll the container to spread the annis on the wiggs. This isn't a joke it actually works. I've done better on these than I have on live ones at times.
this looks like the one i am looking for any idea how much boric acid to add and how long to leave the wiggs in the bath?
thankyou for the help.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i was walking along the shore one sumer(of a lake in lewiston) and happen to turn over a rock and a wiggler came out from under it... or something that looked exactly like a wiggler... i caught it.... it was a wiggler from what i could tell..... so i guess me question is.... does anyone catch their own wigglers :) just a thought... probly be like looking for a needle in a hay stack tho:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts