Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Power Pro help

691 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  BOEDY 
#1 ·
OK, after all I have read about the legendary Power Pro line, I am going to spool my best light rod with it to see how it performs. I will be using it to cast for bass as well as for perch fishin'. In my previous experience with a Fireline, I found that the fish seemed to not like it-I got far fewer bites (perch & smallies) than fishing with mono. So, my question is-with Power Pro, should I use a mono (or some other type) leader?

Jim

#4 ·
I use a fluorocarbon leader when using power pro and have had very good results with it. The big problem with the braids is the wind knots you can get, they can get pretty frustrating. I would go with at least 20lb power pro which has a 6 lb diameter. I seem to get less wind knots when using 20lb. I tie on a spro swivel and 8lb fluorocarbon leader. Hope this helps.

#7 ·
Flourocarbon leader for sure, make it as long as you can get away with.... I use 6# for perch and 12# for bass....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.