Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone ,

Need some pics and ideas for mounting power auger to quad racks

And pics would be appreciated

Also, a large group of us coming up to the east side of bay January 30th

Staying at fish point lodge while there all weekend

Any one that can keep us updated on ice conditions on that east side out would be much appreciated as well

Thanks and tight lines guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
"Need some pics and ideas for mounting power auger to quad racks"

Try using the "search" function, there is already more than a couple of good threads going on this subject now. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Perhaps we need a sub forum for machine mods, and pics...
I wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to give some hopefully helpful and useful advise on a subject.

IMO not to many people are even aware of the search function therefore I try to advocate the use of it, myself I use it much like GOOGLE! :lol:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Just got my digger auger carrier from ups. Nice quality auger carrier from what i can see. I think it should do its job just fine. Need safe ice on the bay though so i can test it out

·
Registered
471 Posts
I put a digger carrier on my dads quad last yr and i had to move the hold down clamp to the other side so it would lock down on his jiffy. Other then that it worked fine ... Also on the newer polaris quads they sell a kit thats for them.. But i still put the plate of aluminum under the front rack. It kinda wanted to wobble fromt to back before i did that. It holds it tite and doesnt move when riding it.... David....

·
Banned
2,076 Posts
Use a 2x6 and two u-bolt clamps. Cut to the width of your rack and cut ends about 10-12" with notch cut out on both sides, use some liquid nails and 3"deck screws, a bungee and your off and runnin. On a previous machine I owned, I have used it for many yrs with no problems. Cheap and it can hold up to the task. Used with the Old time heavy Jiffy to boot. For a matter of fact its still on and being used on that machine to this day. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
know anyone welds aluminum?
1" square tube for posts
flat stock as base
both sides
drilled, bolted together
4" pipe cut as 1 end
"V" welded on other end

modified in last year
leveled for new auger