Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a phone call around 8:15 last night from a buddy of mine.

Appearently, a 14 foot boat capsized near the south end of Celeron last night. The boat had 4 guys, 2 of which were from Gibraltar.

As my one of my friends daughters were leaving the house she heard screams of help ran into the backyard and looked off the seawall. She saw two blue LED lights flashing and some people screaming.

She ran in the house and told her dad to drop their boat in the water because there was someone screaming for help.

Well they dropped the boat in and rescued these 4 guys. Two of them we swimming in the water and two of them were laying on the top of the capsized boat. They were in the water for close to 20 minutes by the time my buddies pulled them out.

They called 911 and took them over to Lake Erie Metro Park where they were met my the Police and Rescue. Two of the guys were in pretty bad shape due to hypothermia.

The reason why I am posting this is if you hear who these guys maybe please let me know. My friends that resuced them would like to know how they are doing.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard they were all released from the hospital that night with no major injuries. 2 of the men were wearing gore-tex hunting suits and the other 2 snowmobile suits. Apparently a wave came over the bow and capsized them.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They were perch fishing. Something wrong with being in a boat? We were out last night. Most of the people in that area( gibraltar) leave their boats, and use them, all year long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.