Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please share your favorite fishing pic from 2003. It could be memorable moment, biggest fish, best sunset or sunrise, action shot, whatever. Let us know the story behind it.

Here are my 2 best from 2003. The is my favorite, a father and sun tag team on a nice fish. A great smile on young Austin's face contrasted by the serious concentration on the face of his dad.

This is Sierra's first salmon. Her smile says it all. The 13 year old had never caught a salmon and after she whacked this one, she was hooked. We told her she could catch them all that day and she was alert and poised at the back of the boat ready to jump on the rods. We had planned to head in mid morning because we didn't want to burn her out on fishing. Sierra had other ideas and wanted to stay out as long as possible so we did. Her arms were sore when we got back.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

A nice king in the boat!

Wire dipsy on the inside, superline dipsy on the outside ready to get pounded on a calm morning.

Just another full limit (15) for Team Yabbo

·
Registered
711 Posts
Here are some nice ones.

Smoke stacks at Port Sheldon - Dec 26th

Sunset from same day

Drifting the Muskegon River - Dec 17th

Holland State Park Pier - Nov 6th

·
Premium Member
12,849 Posts

My son and daughter

Hex hatch

·
Registered
2,898 Posts

Sun rise over Manistee Labor Day weekend

My stepson Zach's first salmon

Can't forget the M-S Salmon Tourney Labor Day weekend in Manistee

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hey Karl, those downriggers and rods look aweful familiar for some reason...

Team Manofish Destiny whoopin some fish booty...

And of course my boat with lots of arms

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I do like that one Karl...

I couldn't find it in my gallerey but I could have sworn it was there...but since i'm not at home I don'th ave the ability to upload it...

I do like that pic though...and to think that pick with the ice was earlier in the year than the one I posted...the one I posted was January 3rd 2004

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Here's a photo of my cousin and his 7 year-old son David with their 26.2 lb. king caught in early September off Muskegon. David steered the boat while we landed it, then chummed. When they got home he put it in his Radio Flyer wagon and showed all the neighbors. Now he's hooked on fishing, like the rest of us.

·
Super Moderator
10,175 Posts
I can't say that 2003 was one of my better years but it did have a few special highlights! Here is my wife with here 1st 10 lb. Walleye!

My son with a boat load of Steelhead!

Paul with some yummy Walleye!

Finally, Paul and I with a nice mess of Salmon!

·
Super Moderator
3,181 Posts
These are my favorites from '03:

The "Getaway" working the breakwall in Harbor Beach:

My wife with her first river steel:

My dad and I with our catch to squeek into 10th place in the Last Chance tourney:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
TEAM CAZNIK
CAZNIK takes 2nd place and giving SIXSHOOTER a WHOOPING.

Here is the MASTER ANGLER of the year......OH YA ITS THE CAZZZZZZZZZZ Man.

Here is my buddy Sarah C holding his 25lb. KING....Ladies he is single..............Attack Attack

Here is how I got my boat name. This is my 2 daughters Cassie and Nikkie...........CAZNIK

Caznik coaching his daughter to bring in the big fish.

Team Caznik...............GET ER DONE

Well I better go.......................GET ER DONE.....CAZNIK

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Here is a pic of me and my cousin Tim. This was a 20lb Laker we took off Sanilac in early May. We were making a sharp turn to deeper water cause we were only in about 30FOW and I thought we hung our 1/2 core up on bottom for a second. Then the rod started pumping pretty good. Lakers this size do fight, and pretty good in that 40 some odd degree water.

This was our first day out of Ludington around August 1st. 20+ days of trolling on L Huron with not one going over 15lbs. 5 Minutes on the west side and we nail a 24 lb king (dad) and a 22 lb king (sister). Perfect silver fish. It was nice to see a diver take over 500 ft of line on the counter.

This was probable my funnest day on the water last year. My dad was in the bow sleeping all morning (he caught something from capt. morgan). My cousin Tim, his wife Janey, and I put a nice hurting on some kings.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Here's my best fishing pic from 2003. It's not from Michigan, but it was one heck of a trip!

This is me and Youngblood with a 170 lb. Yellowfin Tuna.

Oh yeah, that's Youngblood's cousin with one of the 80 lb.er's we caught on this trip also. All in all we caught more fish than you can imagine including King Makeral, various Sharks, Grouper, Amberjack, Blackfin and Yellowfin Tuna, and many more. We were 52 miles out on the Gulf of Mexico and stayed out overnight on the boat. Youngblood just flew down there again 2 days ago. I couldn't afford the trip this year however. :(

If you click on my gallery, and then click on the picture it will come up bigger. I don't know why it's not coming up larger in the thread. :confused:

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
I just cleared out all my gallery fishing picture so I would have room for the up coming M-S pheasant hunt in my gallery. I reloaded these I was going to write a story here about take a kid fishing (with a twist). The first picture is my dad with a 23.lb. May king on a wire diver. He is 89 has to wear oxygen he got the hose all wonded up around rod and after I finnally got it netted I though I would have to duct tape his mouth shut so his oxygen would work. He just sat there smiling for ear to ear. Cold water kings brings out the kid in all of us.
[/IMG]

This picture is another May outing with just mom dad and me we were prefishing the P.S.A. tournament. I still think if I could only fish one month a year for kings it would be May.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ok, 2 more

Gomer with a 20 + pounder out of G-Haven caught on the full core.

This 17 pounder was taken on 10 pound test and a light action rod out of a 14 foot boat. On calm days I like to bomb around out there and let them pull me around. I got 10 kings in one day out there in that Tin Can of a boat. Great times

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ih772, here are your pics without the link, nice!
All these great shots are making me wish for spring and some open water.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts