Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good report for perch or bluegill on portage lake for 2015? I pike fish it a lot but never perch or bluegill fished. Anyone advice would be great! Thank you so much in advance!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've never met a bunch so tight lipped about catching fish as those who fish portage lake. I hear they do good, but have always got the, "you should have been yesterday". Though, I don't blame them.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Traditionally, there is a good perch bite in Jan and Feb. Didn't happen last year. Traditionally, there is a good bluegill bite last ice. Didn't happen last year. Personally, I think the lake was good years ago and is terribly overrated these days. Can't catch a walleye or a pike in there to save your life either. All I can tell is to fish it often. Perch can come in one day and be gone the next. I fished it last year in free fishing Sunday. 35* and bluebird sunshine with zero wind. 3 cars in the lot. What does that tell you? Should have been 200 people out there...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Traditionally, there is a good perch bite in Jan and Feb. Didn't happen last year. Traditionally, there is a good bluegill bite last ice. Didn't happen last year. Personally, I think the lake was good years ago and is terribly overrated these days. Can't catch a walleye or a pike in there to save your life either. All I can tell is to fish it often. Perch can come in one day and be gone the next. I fished it last year in free fishing Sunday. 35* and bluebird sunshine with zero wind. 3 cars in the lot. What does that tell you? Should have been 200 people out there...
What he said.

·
Registered
128 Posts
the lake has gone to hell in a hand basket! i live here and don't fish it anymore. you might get lucky and catch a good day here or there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took my limit yesterday! They are there boys and girls!

·
Registered
635 Posts
It's a Great Lake to fish. Don't let the computer nerds on here fool Ya

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
109 Posts
I could not agree more with the terrible fishing last year. Took a week off in March and it was the worst fishing I have had anywhere in a long time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts