Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hows portage lake in onekama. i hear some good things about perch how thick is the ice thanks guys for the help

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
The lake is ice covered, but I haven't seen anyone fishing, yesterday at least. The ice should be good to go.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its froze but when I checked this last sunday it was open from the public launch in town to the chanel so i'd have too say in four days it isn't yet safe i have checked other inland lakes in county today that were not yet safe also

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
River,
You ever eat at the KT?

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
We go there now and then, knowing the Finans quite well before and also when they owned the bar. I had Dick in school, golfed with Flip, and taught with young Mickey.

The next time I'm in there I'll wear my MS hat or you can ask Flip/Phil to tell you if I'm ever in there when you are.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
ted stehney said:
Isn't MS a great place to meet people!

Yes it is. I've met some great guys through this site, some of the finest I've ever known.

·
Registered
51 Posts
checked ice tonight went off public launch about twenty yards spuded a hole about three inchs nice hard ice had the kids in van so didn't try out further but wouldn't be suprised if someone wasn't out on saturday

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
I was a bit surprised today when driving around Portgae going into Manistee. No one was on the ice fishing, but I think you're right, there will be tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,425 Posts
Whit1 said:
River,
You ever eat at the KT?
Milt , I have friends in Brethern (they used to live in Kaleva)...
What is the "KT" ??

Jus' Wonderin' .....
:cool:
TnX ~ Robert

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
As good as this discussion about eating in Kaleva is, :lol: :lol: :lol: , did anyone get out fishing on Portage this weekend?

Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
checked today about eight guys out from public launch drove to west end of lake to dnr boat launch walked out had 4" - 5" of ice hardly any snow on it so making good ice i am going this weekend

1 - 18 of 18 Posts