Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out this morning one small brown ,there were a few boats don't know how they did for sure ,one boat had a King when I left ,it has to get better as the water warms up.Bud

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Bud, I was the guy talking to you this morning that got the king, it wasnt much of a king tho about 24 inches and skinny as a rail (weird lookin fish). We got that in 29 fow on 2 color w/ a Blue/Silver/Chart. thin fin. Had another rip on that lure in 15 fow as a straight line out the back. We made a run out to 85 fow later in the afternoon but didnt mark a thing on the way out or back in. Patience Pays! At 3 o'clock we got a 27 1/2 walleye weighing 9 pounds on my digital scale in 14 fow north of the piers on 2 color core again w/Blue/Silver/Orange Rogue body bait. Temps. this mornin were 45 deg. and at 4 when we left were 47 deg. in and around 15 fow.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good for you ,I talked to a guy last year out there and he said he fished on the way out and picked up a few walleye ,I have never tried it ,I have never seen the water so muddy in pidgion lake .Bud

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the tournament date stuck in my head. ops. yes it was very dirty water, looked like a brown wall where the blue met the dirt. We were very surprised when we saw what it was specially catching it at 3pm, first he says "oh this has some weight" and all i see is a bend in the rod but no pulling back. Then he says "oh i see brown" and i think sheephead lovely, then i see the mouth and think nope laker then it gets closer and i see walleye. i was jumping up and down when that got in the boat, made the whole day.

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
I never made it out this week, Nathan came down with Scarlet Fever. Good luck guys, with the big east blow and gas prices I may stay in and wash and wax the truck and boat.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Sixshooter said:
That is my plan tomorrow Tommy.

I'll let you know if I don't catch any fish.
Man they gotta be out there sittin down DEEP.:confused: Those guys are catching the lurkers at the pierheads at GH but the big schools are sitting out there waiting for some yummy spoons

I would even think of running a Nov/Dec program except for the gas prices.

Jamaican sunrise and NBK were my killers last year down 90-110. I wonder if this year will be much different

Of course this is all talk for me:( I'm off the water for the next 2 weekends taking the family to Disney. At least when I get back you guys will be able to point me in the right direction. Good luck to all you guys!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts