Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8/28 Went out last friday evening on a solo trip and went 0 for 0! I fished from 80-140 fow and never had a hit. Between the 3 rods I was running I tried meat off a dispy, plugs off a rigger with a free slider and copper rigs switching between 150 and 300. I switched up baits pretty often and couldn't find anything that worked.

8/29 I went back out in the morning with my brother, in the steady rain and we were rewarded with 4 kings and a fat coho off of 8 hits. We had a double on that straightened both of our swivels (cabelas's brand swivels, which I'm never using again). We worked 85-110 fow, a south troll worked best for us. Most fish came off j plugs off riggers and copper.

8/30 I took my bro-in-law and two of my nephews fishing and we worked the same water as the day before and went 1 for 3. Lost the first one on a full-core with a jplug, lost the second on a 300 copper with a j plug and landed a nice coho in 165 fow on a jplug 88 down on a rigger (the fish that saved the day). I think my nephew were more excited that a small yellow bird decided to hang out with us for over an hour and hitch a ride back in to shore.

8/31 I fished last evening with both my brothers and went 0 for 1. We decided to go deep and started in 165 fow and headed west. Our only hit came in 170 fow on a jplug 88 ft down. We got out to 200 fow before heading east and finally pulled lines at 140 fow. Very slow for us, but a beautiful night on the lake.

I'm planning on going out again tonight be the slow fishing from last night might cause us to change our minds. I've never had great luck around a full moon, but the conditions are good for my lil 18 1/2 ft rig so I might take advantage of it and give it ago.

Anyone doing any good out there? The launch and this site have been pretty quiet.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Friday we got two big kings out of holland in 90 fow. One on meat one on a bloody nose spoon. Highlight of the night was a channel cat in 120 fow on a dipsy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
480 Posts
Saturday morning we caught 5, 4 Lakers and a coho. 110 seemed to be most productive flies and Jplug worked best

·
Registered
642 Posts
8/27 PS (615-815pm)- 2-2 solo , 75-85 fow at dusk. king on 200 cu moonshine ratchet jaw, king on rigger down 70 BWP with white rapture fly
8/29 PS (7:00-8:30 pm) 1-2 with my 9 yo, 75-95 fow. lost king on 200cu with ace hi canadian yellow/glo. laker on rigger down 70 BWP with white rapture fly
8/30 Muskegon (6:15 - 8:30 pm) 1-1 with my 9 yo. steelhead on mag stinger blue dolphin rigger 70 down. started in 260 ended in 90. fish came about 150

Also fooled around on Pigeon lake and Muskegon lake for bass and panfish, with only 1 perch to show for it. Way too much crap on the boat when doing the combo trips.

So yeah, real slow fishing. Hopefully it was the moon and this weekend will be better. Another adult on the boat should help too.

·
Registered
18,144 Posts
1/4 8-27pm 140 f o w 80' down no pattern. Two on plugs, one spoon, one paddle on a
Ri gger, s w r rigger, copper, and a wire diver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts