Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at 6pm and motored north. 45 degrees in channel slowly warmed to 53 degrees at Rosy Mound in 130 fow where we found the river water. Started setting lines and picked up a 4 lb king on a mag SS green muffin 25' down on a rigger north troll right away. Got all the rods set and the water temp dropped to 49 in front of Grand Haven. Turned SW and picked up a 6 lb king on a mag DW flea for all 225 copper as we got back in the warmer water in 130 fow. Took a rip on a green meat rig 120' back on a mag low diver that came unbuttoned pretty quickly. Had a rip on a full core mag kevorkian. Yellow meat rig 60 down brought an 8 lb king in that came unbuttoned at the net. All action came before 9pm and didn't mark much anywhere on the graph. Faster speeds 3+ mph and a couple hits right as we slowed down a bit. Beautiful night on the water, a little chilly with the cloud cover and cold water.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Thanks for the report. I'll be out this weekend and will be sure to report back. I've been having some horrible luck out there, the last 3 trips combined I went 0 for 0.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts