Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trolled out of PS this AM for 3 hours and went 4/6 in 90-110 FOW. Best speed was 2.7 mph. Surface water temps were about 67-68° f. DW yellowtail spoons took 3 hits today, and green seemed to be the color of choice for the fishies. Beautiful Father's Day on the water, except for the stable flies. Not sure what happened to the annual June Swoon on Lake MI, but I like the fact that they're still biting. Hope it stays good for Cazniks tournament next weekend. :)

Particulars:
  • Steelhead hit DW yellowtail trolled behind board on 2-color core
  • King hit green squid/green fishcatcher off dipsey 125' back, dialed on 3
  • Another steelhead hit DW yellowtail trolled behind board on 2-color core
  • King hit Stinger green dolphin freeslider; cannonball was 65' feet down

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I was out of port sheldon also ,went 3 for 6 in about the same depth as you 3 on riggers 30 to 40 down and 3 on lead 10 colors 2 on red head moonshine , I saw some fish feeding on top today , I think I should run some high lines .Bud

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Nice job Ken, let me know if you are ever looking for a rider last minute.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice fish! Those steelies look really healthy. How much did they weigh approximately?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks for the report Ken. We ended up getting out for a couple of hours of family time and I ran a half core just to pass some time. We were out in 140 FOW when a double orange crush on the half core took a good rip. I had my daughter take the rod and after about 7 or 8 big jumps he finally shook the hook about 50' from the boat. Looked to be about the same size as yours.

We marked a lot of bait in around 90 FOW and again a bunch out where we were in 140 FOW. Water temps were about 67 in close then there was a 69 degree band at about 120FOW then back to 67 out farther.

Lake was really calm but the biting flies made the family want to head in.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Nice fish ken. You are killing me. Especially since i'm not only on call for work this weekend but I never know when Bev is going to go into labor....DOH!!!!!!

Keep up the good catching. I may have to resort to Bass fishing with Trout Tracker to get my fishing fixes until this baby makes it's appearance....

-Jim

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
STEINFISHSKI said:
Nice job Ken, let me know if you are ever looking for a rider last minute.
Sounds good, Tim.

Wook said:
Nice fish! Those steelies look really healthy. How much did they weigh approximately?
I didn't weigh them, but they appeared to be 8 or 9 lbs.

Oakley said:
Lake was really calm but the biting flies made the family want to head in.
Sucks, doesn't it? If you're not paying attention they will take a chunk out of your leg.

Sixshooter said:
I may have to resort to Bass fishing with Trout Tracker to get my fishing fixes
You're putting me on. Larry doesn't bass fish, and neither do you. :D

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
severus said:
You're putting me on. Larry doesn't bass fish, and neither do you. :D

I don't know Ken....Last I heard Mrs Trouttracker was putting in an order for MR trouttracker to start BASS TOURNEMENTS:SHOCKED: !!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice job on the fish Ken. Jim how much longer do you have to wait? My wife is due August 9th with our second boy. I'm trying to get all my fishing in now.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Jeepfan said:
Nice job on the fish Ken. Jim how much longer do you have to wait? My wife is due August 9th with our second boy. I'm trying to get all my fishing in now.
It could be anytime between now and august 13th.

But all signs are pointing at closter to now than august.

Hope to see you on Sunday Bob. I didn't see you guys at weigh in at the last tourney.

·
Registered
267 Posts
After taking a couple waves over the bow in the dark, they got a little jumpy. We ended up taking a rip and losing one by the channel. Got the black and white kitty for the day, but it was funny watching the eyes of my father in-law after filling his jacket pockets with water at 5am.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
hehe....That is good stuff...Just tell them to suck it up. Heck Mitch and I ran up to Grand Haven that day and my boat is WAY smaller than yours.:help:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Nice fish and thanks for the report Ken.

Please don't catch all the fish that like to bite DW yellowtails;) .

Butch

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Butch said:
Nice fish and thanks for the report Ken.

Please don't catch all the fish that like to bite DW yellowtails;) .

Butch
Little danger of that happening, Matt. I don't fish nearly enough these days. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts