Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about hitting ps sat or sunday evening, seen they were catching some perch a few weeks ago but i havnt been out there besides a walk down the pier. anyone have any pointers on where abouts and what theyre using. if anything ill just float aroung with the girlfriend. she loves perch but i havnt been out there in years. just catching anything besides gobys will be ok with us. got a new boat and shes been nagging me because i havnt taken her out anywhere yet. thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
552 Posts
look for the pods of boats in the 20 to 40 foot of water range. Usual places, mile south of the harbor, north of the harbor out from the trailer park. Look for weed beds, that's where they're at. Don't use nightcrawlers if you want to avoid gobies. Perch spreaders with shiners usually does the trick, sometimes a slip bobber. Port Sanilac Bait and Sporting Goods is where you will want to go for bait. Just look for the pods of boats and get in with them. Don't bother asking where to go, specific spots are "Ancient Chinese Secret" lol except the 2 I mentioned are pretty much common knowledge to all perchers in the area.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i seen them to the south a couple weeks ago but wasnt sure if they were still in the area. thanks for the help. i have a ton of experience with my dad out of port huron for walleyes. hes been limiting out just north of the blue water bridge drifting but his boat took a crap and hes done for the season but he already has enough walleye in the freezer til next year.
not sure if my 17' mod v will take an offshore wind so looks like my big lake fishing depends on wind conditions til next year when his deep v gets rebuilt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts