Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
9,638 Posts
I don't play much north of the Blue Water Bridge but have noticed more reports of Atlantics and coho taken in the St Clair River. Do these fish run up the river and dive into the Canadian side?
This Spring there seemed to be more Coho around in the SCR then in previous years. When the river warms they head North into the lake for cooler water, exactly where is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Port Sanilac is a garbage area to fish. Only fished there once (june 13th) and went 4-7😝. 2 coho, a steelhead, and an Atlantic. 2 of the 3 lost were big steelhead and 3rd fish was probably a laker.
I will be back when water temp drops and I recommend everyone to go fish lake Michigan for salmon. 😉

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
7 trips starting Friday the 22nd. 1 king, 2 atlantics, 4 pinks, 5 steelhead, 6 coho, 10 walleye and 27 lakers. The Regina was good but something happened after the wind blew out of the north on Fri night. Was 0 for 1 Sat. Seems like the fish moved to 120+. Rigger down 90 with Ludington watermelon and 6 and 8 color with blue tuxedo were top producers. Mixed veggie on 300 copper too.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts