Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The fish were hard to find but after about 5 hours of no hits 6:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m), all heck broke loose. Couldn't get rods back in water. Went five for six on nice bows (throwing one spunky one back.) All 6 hits came in about an hour from same spot. 60-80 ft. They do not like pink.
Awesome day on the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
Nice report, and while I could be wrong, it sure looks like you've got a pink, a coho, a steelie and a small king in that picture?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Nice report, and while I could be wrong, it sure looks like you've got a pink, a coho, a steelie and a small king in that picture?
I am almost sure that there is no pink in that group. After catching over 50 of them this year I think I cant get the image of a pinks out of my head. Nice catch either or though....

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
I am almost sure that there is no pink in that group. After catching over 50 of them this year I think I cant get the image of a pinks out of my head. Nice catch either or though....
Look at the first one on the left. Looks like a pink too me. Darker back, and a slight hump to it.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When boated they looked alot different than they do in pic. They all had the distinctive charcoal top with light bottom steelie look. They had nice greenish/tealish backs. No kings or pinks for sure. Im no expert though.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
When boated they looked alot different than they do in pic. They all had the distinctive charcoal top with light bottom steelie look. They had nice greenish/tealish backs. No kings or pinks for sure. Im no expert though.
Pinks do not get that big in Lake Huron. Also, scales on a pink come off very easy, almost with rubbing your thumb on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,181 Posts
Dude, those two middle fish are salmon and they look like coho. The outside fish are chunky steelies.

Nice catch man!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I looked at the downloaded pics on my computer, rather than on my phone and the 2 middles r salmon. Then i called my buddy who took them home to clean. He said the 2 smaller were diff colors of meat. One had bright red meat and one watermelon color. So i am guessing the 2nd from left is a coho and 3rd is a king. Wish i wouldve looked closer at them! Lesson learned!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is a pic of the first chunky one right outta the water. Had a blast. This was my 5th trip out and I am getting the hang of it:)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
:fish:NOT sure how ya spell it they are kamlop rainbows, a strieghn the dnr planted shiped from californa ,they look very simular to cohos.they were planted in lexington and sanilac.ive talked to dnr fisheries lady in lex sevral times when she has taken sampels of my fish.she expained why they look differnt,they are supercharged rainbows ,not the torpido shape of steel.anyhow awsome work out there looks like you had a blast and that is what matters most .nice work out there,fash on.:fish:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
By the looks of the shoreline you were in 60-70fow. LOL Nice color, gotta love those football steelheads!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Balls
love your detective skills:). He wasn't caught in 60-70, but very close.
I looked at the kamloop strain and you could be dead on. Didn't know id'ing fish could be this hard.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Didn't know about the new strain, thanks for the info

1 - 20 of 30 Posts