Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing is slow and it is cold ,but this is what I have

1--Pine grove Park has slowed down and so has the numbers of fishermen.Steelheads and browns are still around ,but the lines need to be in the water to get them----Red eyes and Bombers

2--The city building and sewage treatment plant will be picking up for browns.Try large emerald shinners and cleo's.

3--Port Sanilac and lexington has ice in the harbors,but if you are a die hard try the open water at the harbor opening.I have heard of some very large browns being caught.

Good Fishing Joel--A.P.B.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOT safe yet, but you can fish the harbor mouth in open water

Joel A.P.B

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
I have been fishing the pinegrove all week.Nothing has been caught there all week so far as of 11-20-03.There were a few fish caught behind the water plant late morningish yesterday.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Fished yesterday 8 am to 2 pm off boardwalk close to the black river. Tried crawlers and emeralds. 1 bite only!

Here fishy....fishy!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BILGERAT I got in some nice big emerald shinners on saturday and the steelhead are hitting them really nice.

Joel---A.P.B.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Can you tell me what kind of set up you guy's use off the board walk, rod, reel, line , bait etc etc, thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes I did.The customer who was nice to go get them for me was the person who also caught the steelies.

Joel---A.P.B.

·
Registered
716 Posts
2--The city building and sewage treatment plant will be picking up for browns.
I take it that it's not meant to be a joke! :p :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry mike I passed over your thread ,due to time and forgot to come back to it.
1If you fish at Pine Grove park they use a stiff rod,big line and a #2 sinker.They will throw out the line with the sinker than float down the bait.This time of year use red eyes and stick baits.

2-If the heavy sinker is not your thing go to the water filtration plant with a noodle rod 2 oz sinker and large emerald shinner.

3-We have a 4-6 mph current here.There are spots I can send you were it is much slower and nice to fish also.Give a call if you need help. 810-984-3232.

Joel---A.P.B.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts