Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 3.30 til 6.30, hour of which was looking for a good spot on the camera, seaching for a certain few rock piles and also drilling holes, so really only fished for 2 hours.

Ice is getting slushy and is cracking/leaving on the outside of the harbor in a hurry. Last trip on the ice at PA for me.

Anyways, started on the inside of the wall near the mouth of the harbor in 12 feet water. Seen one brown on the cam. in the distance and then nothing for 15 mins. and quickly went past the wall and then for about 45 min seached for rock piles/edges.

Got seated near a rock edge in 10 feet water and right away seen another brown, but this one too was pretty far in the distance. 30 mins later steelie comes in and makes a half hearted swipe at my blue/silver cleo but he soon takes off as well. Right around dark i got a 7-8 pound laker on a stinger scropion that i had put glow tape on. Put up a good fight, looked at him for a sec and then released it.

Not much going on, lots of small perch, 2-4 inches near the weeds and in close in the harbor so there should be some good perch fishin in a few years once they reach keeper, 7 inches, size.:)

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Nice Report Jeremy...

Tell me about that fish in your avator. When did you get that? Steelie or brown???

Only 5 months and we'll be sitting in the campfire again talking about the winds and how they will affect the salmon fishing:p :D ;)

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
about a week ago at PA on a watermelon cleo. Its a brown. Check my gallery for bigger pic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts