Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the harbor from 4 til 8.30 tonight. Lots and lots of fish jumping, seen alot of darker fish and a few silver ones, also a few fish chasing minnows and they appered to be browns.

Fishing was very slow for the most part, tried casting and also skien/bobber. The weeds made fishing pretty tough. Up until dark, we only had a few take downs on the spawn/bobber which resulted in no hook ups. About dark i put on a chartruse jointed bomber and on the 3rd cast hit a fish on the second crank. A 15-20 min battle resulted with the fish going out on a short run, 50 yards, comin back in and then going down river a good bit before i was able to her into the net. I had just gotten a different rod today, 7 foot ugly stick lite pro, and also put on 8 pound test line today so i was making sure not to horse the fish at all.

she weighted 19.6 pounds. I gave her to an older couple fishin the river since she had been out of the water too long to release her successfully.

Got back fishin and had two other bumps on the bomber and that was it. Lots of fish around, just not many hitting. I hear they plan to start dredging this week, that will screw up the fishing in the harbor, but its a small price to pay for a deeper, less weedy harbor come this ice fishin season and next spring.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Nice one! The pearl excalibur bomber long A is treating me real good. Man I love Bombers!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Congrats, nice fish! :D

I have hit lexington a few times this year, but no luck so far. Glad to see someone is landing them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts