Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice blind. I think it would work fine for ice fishing.
I have other shanties but have always thought about this.

Never seen anyone ever use one.

I think it would work OK

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a nice blind. I think it would work fine for ice fishing.
I have other shanties but have always thought about this.

Never seen anyone ever use one.

I think it would work OK

Any thoughts on this?
I’ve been using my pop up blind a bit this year while I repair my ice shanty so I can weigh in . It’s working great other than in windy conditions .. Got a few laughs the other night when it blew away while I was anchoring it and I was chasing after it lol ! Anything less than 10 mph seems to be okay if you have it anchored . My only other complaint is there are more openings for heat to escape than in a shanty , but it is far better than sitting on a bucket .. It’s actually more spacious than my ice shanty , and I have been bringing a roll out foam floor for extra comfort . I don’t think it’s much different than the hub ice shanties other than the lack of clear plastic windows , and it’s made out of more lightweight material . Definitely recommend trying it out to see if it works for you !

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Kind of what I thought. I thought I would use it if I have extra guys out. Just somewhere to get out of the cold

And I also have one of those 2 man chair popup blinds. Might be cool for my grandson so play in.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I used a hub blind for an ice shanty about 15 years ago. Tied it to the quad. Worked ok, breezy inside.

My wife got me a thermal otter hub shanty for Christmas. That thing is nice, I think we could heat it with a candle. I highly recommend a thermal hub when you decide to get a shanty.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just watch the heater in a popup, they don't stay very warm so my son cranked his up pretty high and melted the pole kit after he fell asleep. Should have saved the$$ and sent that boy to public school.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts