Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I hunt from popup blinds that frequent, but when I have the windows always seem to be set too low. I find myself having to stoop to view out the window if sitting in a standard size chair. And I'm not that tall. 5' 10". Any recommendations on popups that provide a comfortable height viewing window without breaking the bank???? Have a location in mind where I'd like to use something portable.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Not that I hunt from popup blinds that frequent, but when I have the windows always seem to be set too low. I find myself having to stoop to view out the window if sitting in a standard size chair. And I'm not that tall. 5' 10". Any recommendations on popups that provide a comfortable height viewing window without breaking the bank???? Have a location in mind where I'd like to use something portable.
Use a shovel and dig the floor down lower .?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shorter chair
Ha!.....Makes me laugh because I actually cut a few inches off the legs once to get a better view but over cut one a bit and ended up wobbling (and laughing) when I needed to be stock still (and quiet). Think the deer were laughing too....as they were leaving. Got to be a product that's put a little more effort in to their windows....

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Have you hunted out of one designed for archery? I know mine has much taller windows that can be opened all the way, or only the top or only the bottom. Not sure that'd work for you or not, but I know mine extend nearly to the ceiling, so can't really go much higher.

I have another with long narrow horizontal windows and rarely ever use it now for the same reason as you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you hunted out of one designed for archery? I know mine has much taller windows that can be opened all the way, or only the top or only the bottom. Not sure that'd work for you or not, but I know mine extend nearly to the ceiling, so can't really go much higher.

I have another with long narrow horizontal windows and rarely ever use it now for the same reason as you.
No, no I haven't. That might be the way to go though. Thanks, I might just do that. What brand do you have? Easy to layout? Quiet? Good zippers? Go back in bag almost?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The one I use most is a Barronett. It's a few years old now and am not even sure what model it is, and I cant find a picture online of the exact same window layout, but try googling Barronett (or others) for what they have now. Some are even taller and made to stand with a bow, so the windows extend very high for a chair.

This pictyre is not the same window layout, but even with this one you can see how high the windows extend up the sides on some of their models.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.