Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am hunting a new spot on my property. The question is, I am hunting between a bedding area and a corn field. There is not much tree cover on the fence line between these two fields, so I have a pop-up blind set up in the thick cover of the fence line. Would you suggest setting up a tree stand even though there is not that many trees besides the row of tree's seperating the two feilds? Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Your ground blind should work fine if it is already well-established, and you have a great approach to the blind (out of sight, not heard or winded). Hopefully the blind is brushed in. Going in now with a treestand will risk you being seen and heard, and you will definitely be leaving scent. You didn't state why you have lost confidence in the blind? Just my 2 cents., I would only put in a treestand now if the blind was a bust.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like hunting out of my ground-blind for many reason's. Just wanted to weigh the pro's and con's of both ground blind and tree stand in that location. I had set my ground-blind up 3 weeks ago so the deer could get use to it, it is also well brushed up. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts