Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I decided to take the kids camping this weekend at the Pontiac Lake Rec Area. Anyone have any fishing tips/tricks/traps? Should I stick to Pontiac Lake, or try some of the other smaller lakes in the area? I would like the kids to target the panfish, but daddy likes the bass. :D Any other information about the campsite, stuff to do, etc. worth knowin?

I read that Ninja's store is nearby... that'll certainly be worth a stop!

Any :help: is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I haved talked to you in a while! How ya been? If you do any good out there let me know i've been thinking about taking my boat out that way.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RyGuy525 said:
I haved talked to you in a while! How ya been? If you do any good out there let me know i've been thinking about taking my boat out that way.
Life is good Ry... busy but good! I'll certainly keep you informed of how I do, and you bring up a good point: I forgot to mention that I am boatless, so that might change any fishing tips... the devil is in the details I guess. :evil:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Ken at KD Outdoors is right around the corner from that locale. I would make it a point to stop in and get some tips and tricks from him. I guarantee he will put you on the bass.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I'm off Friday.....ask for Dave or Mike, they'll help you out as well.
Please stop in sometime during the weekend.....we open at 6am Sat. and Sun.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, didn't do bad and didn't do great. I didn't fish at prime times, but managed a couple bass at the "other" boat launch. Kids got a few small panfish, but not enough for dinner. Think we could have done a lot better from a boat... think it may be time for the investment.

It was nice meeting you Ken... you certainly have a top of the line shop there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts