Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Should we consider allowing ONE team of hunters that hunt outside of Michigan?

• Yes - as long as they have been members for one year and have at least 100 posts.

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • No way man! This is a Michigan contest.

Votes: 23 67.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
18,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is talk in the deer hunting section of out-of-state hunters putting together their own contest because they are excluded from the "Michigan" contest.
Do you think that we should ask the powers that be if we should include ONE team of out-of-staters THIS YEAR if they have been members of this site for at least one year and have at least 100 posts?
If we do this, there is no guarantee for next year and it may just be a one year deal...
<----<<<

·
Banned
13,909 Posts
Only if us Michigan hunters that hunt out of state can include our out of state buck in the contest.

·
Administrator
18,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good point. I think that idea goes down in flames! :lol:
Still, if we do go this route. I think the rest of us should be restricted to Michigan deer.....
<----<<<

·
Banned
13,909 Posts
Still, if we do go this route. I think the rest of us should be restricted to Michigan deer.....
<----<<<
Is this an attempt to stack a team good enough to beat the H8ted?

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Administrator
18,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seriously do not think that out of state hunters have much of an advantage in this contest. Even though other state's 8 point bucks may outscore Michigan 8 point bucks in many areas - point for point there probably won't be much of a difference. (Oh! and the H8ed seem to be down to 6 players! :lol:)
<----<<<

·
Banned
13,909 Posts
I seriously do not think that out of state hunters have much of an advantage in this contest. Even though other state's 8 point bucks may outscore Michigan 8 point bucks in many areas - point for point there probably won't be much of a difference.
<----<<<
Yes, an 8 point is an 8 point and the way the scoring goes no one has an advantage whether it's 140 inch 8 point or a 65 inche 8 point. Where the issue lies is when the out of state team passes the spikes, 4's and 6's to get to the 8's, 10's, etc. becuase they can.... Michigan state land hunters just don't have that luxury.

·
Banned
13,909 Posts

·
Administrator
18,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plan? I asked the owner of this site the day I volunteered to help set up this contest if last years champs should be able to defend. He said yes. From that point on it was written in stone that they would be allowed to do so.
Everything else was clowinin to put a scare into the H8ted and mess with them before the season started. I mean, you know that it is going to be tough to give them stuff once the arrows start flyin.
<----<<<

·
Administrator
18,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can i ask why the 100 posts? I have been a member for years but just dont post very often. I would love to join in if possible..

I suppose i could just make 30 off the wall topics real quick eh? lol

·
Administrator
18,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am compiling the data file right now, and sign-up closes tomorrow.
I use SPSS software to randomly select teams and it takes a little work. I have to create at least 3 data files (gun, Zone1_2, Zone3) and run and record around 20 or so commands on each file to randomly assign individuals. Not to mention setting up the 20 team files here....
I would guess that I will have teams selected and posted by Sunday 9/15 ....
<----<<<

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
I use SPSS software to randomly select teams and it takes a little work. I have to create at least 3 data files (gun, Zone1_2, Zone3) and run and record around 20 or so commands on each file to randomly assign individuals. Not to mention setting up the 20 team files here....
<----<<<
Thank you for the time and effort you put into running the contest.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
<----<<<
Jees,
Why dont we just grab a 12 pack, throw the names in a hat and start drinking & picking. Before the 12 pack is done, teams will be selected and you can post 9-8 :idea: .

Plus, If we dont like who we pick as the H8ted's replacement, we can discretely place that name back in the hat

:lol::lol::lol:

·
Administrator
18,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks like it will remain a "Michigan Deer Only" contest.
<----<<<

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.