• Hard water

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Soft water

Votes: 23 53.5%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
What’s your favorite fishing season? In the boat or on the ice?
On our lake where the boat is just a turn of the hoist crank away, boat for sure. But when I look at all the Michigan lakes, gimme hard water.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
i gotta say ice. i like fishing in the spring too, but ice has it.
It's getting outside and sometimes maybe it's a personal challenge standing out there when its 8 degrees out with a wind and trying to catch fish.
ice fishing should be simple, and for me it is. I personally dont see a lot of the new things out there nowadays

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
softwater lake Michigan Manistee , Michigan mid week new moon mid august onset of a flip and have 1-2 weeks off work.

Hardwater lake simcoe cooks bay mid week last ice wearing waders to get on ice

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Soft water for me too.

Wanna make a half mile move? Hit the button to raise the electric anchor and grab the teach pendent for the iPilot and say go. When it beeps drop the anchor or hit spot lock...the side finder sonar will tell me if I'm riding by a big school of fish on the way to the next spot and I can always stop on the way.

Ice fishing is just a lot of work anymore. It come with age guys so don't be alarmed!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hard water for sure! Got to agree with SCOTTD nothing beats pulling a 10# walleye through the ice! Bring on the ice I’m tired of talking about fishing and need to get on the ice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hard water for sure! Got to agree with SCOTTD nothing beats pulling a 10# walleye through the ice! Bring on the ice I’m tired of talking about fishing and need to get on the ice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Yes Sir!!! There are 2 negatives I will admit. Loosing big fish at the hole and big pressure cracks on a quad. The good out weighs the bad though by a big margin.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Soft hands down. I used to be a hardcore ice fisherman but even with all the toys it's a lot of work at times, especially if I'm going solo. I find myself scouting for deer much more than I used to and the best times to scout is as soon as the deer season is closed. I'll get out ice fishing a half dozen times each winter and that's enough for me. It probably helps that I have a great hook up fishing in the Gulf during the winter months.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts