Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to spear a pike... I've always wanted to and have tried multiple times just seems to never happen... I need some help... What color decoy should I use? Where is a decent place to go? Just looking for so decent info I don't need any "secret spots" I just need to get the monkey off my back

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've never done it either. As for a place, theres a lake out by basspro called lake sixteen. I saw some guys spearing good pike last year towards the middle of the lake. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Cotton rd,SANG,Ginos and Fairhaven are all very good pike spots.The problem is you want to by away from noise,and be quite.You can use a 10in sucker that you buy at a bait store or a red & white or chartreuse decoy and keep it about half way down what ever depth you fish.Usually 4 to 6 ft is best,lower the spear in the water and throw it HARD,make sure spear is perpendicular to the fish and aim for the head or just behind it.Its a lot of fun kinda like hunting and fish in at the same time,hope this helps good luck.:fish:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts