Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Road my bike around point mouillee, and all I can say is that the foliage in the Lead unit is going to be about the same to a little less then last year depending where you are. All the other areas looked a little thin also.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Coincidently, I road my bike around the Vermet last week. While getting pelted by the hatching bugs, I did notice that the Vermet water seemed low, but vegetation seemed fine.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Was the vegetation in the Vermet about the same as last year or closer to the pre-devastation levels ?

Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
I was out there friday with my wife, and the pups (Griffon and a yellow lab) and saw a couple fellows on bikes, as well as some birders. They were all geeked about some lost pacific shore bird some saw near cell 3. I thought things were looking good. lots of gooed emergent vegetation in the lead and vermet which was the reason for the drawdowns in the first place. If Joe throws in some more water great. If he doesn't I can hunt that also and that might go farther in replaceing the vegetation lost in the mystery die off.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
If I were to guess, the days of seeing 3.5' of water in the Vermet are gone.

That is ok with me...the deep water made that area basically a lake....

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If my memory serves me right the water level at the turn near the tubes in the lead was zero, just mud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts