Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Capt. Sharpstick,

Take boehr's advice and call the law. You could let the guy off easy with a warning and give him a break but then what? How many people would be coming in later? I would be willing to bet if you started taking legal action it would stop a lot of trespasser's as the word would sure get out to his buddies and so on. Most trespassers learn about the property from somewhere. Most don't just stumble across it.
Another good option would be to carry a small cam corder with you so you can get documented proof because unless you are restraing this person, you can bet he will flee before the law gets there. Another benefit is you can record your hunts while you are out there too!
Take the time and get to know your local C.O. I have found it comes in very handy with information. I had a C.O. that lived near me and I got to know him very well. As a trapper I am constantly getting thieved upon. He happened to come across another trappers sets that had my tags on them and he knew I did not trap in that area. Needless to say he gave me a call and also picked up our thief.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carl,

I already read the answers. Hey now you are a question jockey and not just a trap jockey too!! LOL kidding. I cut and pasted the questions from the trapping forum and you must have done the same thing right around the same time. What's the catch totalling now?

·
Registered
57 Posts
well the total catch is 2 bad colds 1 case of the flu 3 milder colds.oh you meant animals.a bunch of possums a few raccons and a bunch of frozen traps. you get over 500 muskrats yet? carl

p.s. I will try to call ya tonight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts