Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rented a cabin in baldwin for the upcomming week.. whats the happening from there to the lake on the PM boys?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Fished the PM on sat am . Hooked up on a few kings drifting skein but didn't land. Did pick up a nice steelhead and a 18 " brown. Also picked up a lot of trash. From what I saw the kings were less than fresh but there are fish to catch in the deeper holes. I only use skein so have no idea what else is working. The rain coming in later this week may change things.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Report is still some salmon being caught from the deeper runs and holes. The steelhead are starting to build in numbers and there have been quite a few caught.

D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just came home yesterday after 10 days of fishing had a good push of fresher fish late in the week we were still catching some fish that were not all colored up as of Friday, spent Saturday and sunday morning chasing chrome went 3/7 after 2 days we did not throw any spawn just flies all in all there are plenty of fish still in holes good luck may the fish gods smile on you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Came back from 2 weeks of fishing in flys only catch and release. A big push of fresh fish came in near the middle and end of last week.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the report guys.. i just got back and despite limited fishing due to all the rain and having my woman and her fam with i didnt get to spend as much time with a line in the water as i would have liked... all in all i did pretty well i think.. the place we rented was a little further away from the lake then i would have liked and as a result the steel were not in any numbers where i was fishing... i landed 2 kings 3 coho and 10 browns over 15" ... started drifting spawn looking for steel... after verryyy few dunks on the float i switched it up to throwing inlines and cranks for the rest of the week... all salmon came on inlines as well did most of the browns... got 1 brown on a wiggle wart the rest came on a #4 inline with egges on the treble... tipping the treble was hugeeee as mosttt of the fish i landed as well the majority of the misses were fish nipping the sack not hitting the spinner its self... second day i was missing fish left and right and realized they were just grabbing the eggs on the back of the spinner... moved the eggs further up into the treble and hookup city...

good luck all and thanks again... will post picks when i get them from my cousin...

ps if your headed out to the pm looking for steel i would either start with flys only section near baldwin or head lake ways from there... most of the steel havent pushed up past gleasons yet from what i could tell and gather from others while i was there... most of the kings are zombies at this point though the cohos that i landed were all un turned... beautifulll fish... gl all

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ps most of the trout came from bushes and jams in tight to the banks while the salmon all came from slow rolling deep holes..

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol will txt cousin right now.. have asked him twice sense we have been back to send them.. hopefully ill have them here shortly...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are the pics he just sent me, many more on his other device but i guess these are the ones he had on his phone.. will post more when i get the rest...

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Told ya i got a few nice ones! now if i can just get my cousin to transfer the pics off his other ipod thing yall can see em all! last one i got was the best had to be over 15lb.. havent got the pics of that one yet nor most of the browns or the other zombie king...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks.. was a good time.. the three others in my group got 1 zombie king and 1 small brown between em.. needless to say i didnt have to do the dishes!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Heading up this coming weekend and may take a break from hunting to get in a little fishing as well. Planning on heading down river a bit. How active are the fish still? Any colors they have been particularly interested in?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
They are crazy! Some nice sized fish in the river. We have been running 8lb line and some have been very difficult to land. We have been using egg patterns in natural colors. We were running larger sizes with the stained water.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts