Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a laid off apprentice plumber and I cannot remember the distance code for a toilet. Is it 18" on center from side walls and 10" from the back? I am going to be doing an underground for my Mother in law, she is putting an addition on. She is going to have 1 toilet, 1 stand up shower, 1 bathroom sink and 1 kitchenette sink. Should I run the 3" for the toilet and branch off with a 2" to the 2 sinks and shower? Where along that should I put in a vent? Both sinks will be on the outside walls. The main 3" will then tap into the 4" before the septic tank. Does this sound right?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I am a laid off apprentice plumber and I cannot remember the distance code for a toilet. Is it 18" on center from side walls and 10" from the back? I am going to be doing an underground for my Mother in law, she is putting an addition on. She is going to have 1 toilet, 1 stand up shower, 1 bathroom sink and 1 kitchenette sink. Should I run the 3" for the toilet and branch off with a 2" to the 2 sinks and shower? Where along that should I put in a vent? Both sinks will be on the outside walls. The main 3" will then tap into the 4" before the septic tank. Does this sound right?

Thanks
I would have to the lay out, water closet 12" from face of finished wall to center of flange.why don't you just call the union hall or training center I am sure the training instructor would be glad to help you

·
Registered
611 Posts
Min. 15" on ceter from finished side walls,unless hadicap then 16"-18".12" off the back wall.
Run 3" to stool with 2" going to shower and lavs,vent on one of the lavs.Could use A.A.V. if needed but if possible run vent thru roof.

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Min. 15" on ceter from finished side walls,unless hadicap then 16"-18".12" off the back wall.
Run 3" to stool with 2" going to shower and lavs,vent on one of the lavs.Could use A.A.V. if needed but if possible run vent thru roof.
:yeahthat::yeahthat:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts