Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
It wasn't likely a bass boat, tournament bassboats do not have names on the stern like other pleasure boats. Please, we get a bad rep because some of us do not take as good care of the fish as we should, and deservedly so, but we don't blast thru swimmers on rafts. The person that did this was likely drinking alcohol. Tournaments strictly forbid alcoholic beverages onboard during tournament hours. Unless you saw that it was a bass boat, please don't start speculating. Thank you.

·
Registered
352 Posts
X's 4.It's amazing how one could jump to such a conclusion based on the information provided within the article.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
I can't believe how many morons there are that end up running into anchored boats, docks, even the Harsens Island ferry! And while the operator of the boat was being extremely irresponsible and should have the book thrown at him, it was also irresponsible of the rafters as well. There is no way in hell I would go on any part of the St. Clair River without a motorized boat in good working condition with a backup motor. Aside from the idiot boaters, you are asking for trouble with the strong current and proximity to the shipping channel.

·
Banned
1,248 Posts
I can't believe how many morons there are that end up running into anchored boats, docks, even the Harsens Island ferry! And while the operator of the boat was being extremely irresponsible and should have the book thrown at him, it was also irresponsible of the rafters as well. There is no way in hell I would go on any part of the St. Clair River without a motorized boat in good working condition with a backup motor. Aside from the idiot boaters, you are asking for trouble with the strong current and proximity to the shipping channel.
That's funny, I'm 43 and I grew up in marysville, spent all my summers in the river, mom used to drive us up to port huron and drop us off with our tractor tire tubes, then pick us up in st clair, those were the good ol days and I wouldn't trade em for anything. Can you imagine if a parent did that nowadays!!!! Prolly get arrested:( never wore helmets on our bikes, played street hockey, baseball, tackle football without pads, it goes on and on ......with that being said, never had any close encounters with any boats, there are simply to many f'ING aholes that own boats now.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
People made a lot of money in the nineties around here. They all bought McMansions, boats and maybe a cottage up north. Way more boats out there than there was twenty years ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts