Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to Platte Bay next week for some cohos. Anyone been out there lately that can offer any tips? Depth, colors etc

·
Registered
34 Posts
Heading up to Platte Bay next week for some cohos. Anyone been out there lately that can offer any tips? Depth, colors etc
I don't have any info but i will be fishing platte bay as well this weekend, if you want to share info when out there that would be great let me know

Mike

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried to go out last night, water level in the river is good and they paved the launch, but the channel at the mouth is gone. Talked to one local ad he said it's been like that since they paved the launch. Didn't want to risk getting stuck in the dark with my daughter so we cast cleos from shore with no luck.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Tried to go out last night, water level in the river is good and they paved the launch, but the channel at the mouth is gone. Talked to one local ad he said it's been like that since they paved the launch. Didn't want to risk getting stuck in the dark with my daughter so we cast cleos from shore with no luck.

That stinks. I hope they clear it out in the next couple of weeks. We will be up there in 4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
IF they dredge it, they won't do it till the Tuesday after Labor Day. They (National Park and/or MI DNR) did not dredge the river at all last year, I am afraid that since they were both allowed to skip it, then they won't do it again. When I was up in June, you had to stay close to shore and go down to get out. There is no getting over the sand bar at all.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got my doubts about the tight budget excuse. The Fed wants only native species these days.
Lakers don't need the platte to spawn.
Afraid our salmon days are on the way out.
Their just afraid to admit it yet so they can drain the last dollar from us.
Sucks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got my doubts about the tight budget excuse. The Fed wants only native species these days.
Lakers don't need the platte to spawn.
Afraid our salmon days are on the way out.
Their just afraid to admit it yet so they can drain the last dollar from us.
Sucks.
I would have called BS on that up until I read this:
http://www.outdoornews.com/February-2015/The-lake-trout-conspiracy-of-Lake-Michigan/

And cross referenced this (DNR Fish Stock Data)
http://www.michigandnr.com/fishstock/

Data doesn't lie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts