Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use plastics for gills/crappie? What color works best? I would like to try some through the ice. I bought those .99cent packs of plastic tails for jigs the other day, is that what people use? THanks for any help.

Redneckman

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
We use them only when we don't have enough time to get live bait. We use white twister tails that are about one inch long on a plain jig head or tear drop.

Steve

·
Registered
617 Posts
check out this thread lots of good info for ya and my secret weapon's hiding in there also:cool:

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122174

ps you are lucky indeed to have good ice to fish on---have not been out yet this season and will have to go in for psychotherapy soon if I don't get some ice fishin therapy :bonk: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I second Little Atom plastics!!! They are the softest, most fish producing plastic I have ever used. His new nuggies are the bomb.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Little atom all of them work for me but I prefer the purple and motoroil, seem to be the color for LSC other colors may work better on other bodys of water. I've even gone as far as cutting my own out of bass tubes. There will be a new bezz next season they are still in the up start mode. Most of my big gills and sunnies have be cought via the plastic thang only to fallow behind the fly.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where can you buy thoughs little atoms? Im going to try a lake tomorrow with the plastics i have now tomorrow.

Redneckman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts