Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
We got about 2" on Wednesday and 1/2" yesterday. One portion of the plot doesn't drain well, there won't be standing water but it could def still be pretty muddy in that spot. Ran the disc through it on Sunday to prep the seed bed in an effort to save some time. Brassicas and clover are going in. I plan to spread fertilizer, disc and pack then add seed and pack again since it had rained. Will I be ok plant or am I going to cause more problems with compaction in the area that doesn't drain well? Calling for more rain Sunday night and Monday as of now

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
We got about 2" on Wednesday and 1/2" yesterday. One portion of the plot doesn't drain well, there won't be standing water but it could def still be pretty muddy in that spot. Ran the disc through it on Sunday to prep the seed bed in an effort to save some time. Brassicas and clover are going in. I plan to spread fertilizer, disc and pack then add seed and pack again since it had rained. Will I be ok plant or am I going to cause more problems with compaction in the area that doesn't drain well? Calling for more rain Sunday night and Monday as of now
I have a hard time packing with real moist soil, sticks to the wheels.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Going to plant cereal rye on some new food plot additions tomorrow morning. Is the timing ideal, probably not? But my deer are hungry and I want to get something growing. Rain is forecasted for Sunday and Monday.
Going to continue to layer 150 pounds of rye in total over these plots in the coming weeks. Roughly 3/4 of an acre total.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts