Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22,326 Posts
Think the tractor should have been driven forward on to the trailer to have more weight on the tongue.
The F.I.L. don't though. That's why he loaded it that way!
Looking at the trailer axels and rear pig on the Deere plus implements up front , he's alright.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
The F.I.L. don't though. That's why he loaded it that way!
Looking at the trailer axels and rear pig on the Deere plus implements up front , he's alright.
He should let the FIL drive it to the field. He's probably alright. He could be more alrighter.
Still a cool looking pic, tractor and implements goin to do business.

·
Registered
22,326 Posts
He should let the FIL drive it to the field. He's probably alright. He could be more alrighter.
Still a cool looking pic, tractor and implements goin to do business.
Always nice to see , indeed.

Newer trailer's coupler latching sucks.
Lifting to test is a heavy task. And once I didn't lift enough.
Trailer did a wheelie when I boarded.
No harm done , but certainly not a good thing.

Reactions: pgpn123

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
1.5 inches the last 2 days. I got some in between the first inch and the second .5 inches. Plant the rest this after noon now that the dirt isn't sticky.

Planted some into buckwheat last Sunday bc there was a 70% chance last Monday and a 60% chance Wednesday. Finally got some Wednesday night. Into Thursday. And Thursday into Friday. Should be all set.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Sweat the jewels off, but got my final plots all planted today. Lot's of soil moisture, so it should take off with ease. Only thing left to do is over seed with Rye and Wheat in another month of so.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Planted a blend of peas, beans, and oats today on the second half of the plots. Brassicas went in almost three weeks ago and are looking good. Screen is just under 3’ tall.
I’m done now until Labor Day weekend when, like Icehog mentioned as well, about six bushels of rye will get spread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts