Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally finished the blind on my 1542 war eagle with 16 hp go devil. Tired of driving one hour to harsens for a bad draw and going to the marsh and watching skybusters blasting away. Planning to make a discovery trip down to lower detroit river tomorrow pm. have not decided to launch out of trenton or lake erie metro park. I have canadian license also but i think it is illegal to take shotgun to canada and anchor in canada. I think it is double trouble for both US and canada. Any tip/hint to save time scouting is appreciated since it is pretty large area. thanks

·
Registered
890 Posts
finally finished the blind on my 1542 war eagle with 16 hp go devil. Tired of driving one hour to harsens for a bad draw and going to the marsh and watching skybusters blasting away. Planning to make a discovery trip down to lower detroit river tomorrow pm. have not decided to launch out of trenton or lake erie metro park. I have canadian license also but i think it is illegal to take shotgun to canada and anchor in canada. I think it is double trouble for both US and canada. Any tip/hint to save time scouting is appreciated since it is pretty large area. thanks

I don't think you will get many tips; this area is hunted HEAVILY every day and there are not that many spots to begin with.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
If you're looking for a pot of gold at the end of the river, you're going to be greatly disappointed, It's no different than what you'r describing Harsons as being.
Large area? not really, even the managed unit has only 12 or so zones and the public area is pounded day after day.
If you find a spot downriver free of hunters let me know;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Feel free to scout, its public after all. but if anything Pnte Moulliee is more heavily gunned than Harsens especially this year with lots of guys with lots more free time. The Draws are running in the 20's party wise thats = to a harsen's draw count of approximately 250 parties. Thats parties to ag. zones (flooded corn) The open river, well you may have more luck Also That boat is going to be a stone [email protected]#@ to pull over the rollers unless you have a winch. Theres a tip anyhow:lol:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Watch the weather especially with a rig like that. If you have ever seen DR
with a strong south wind its not pretty. Been in some nasty situations in
a 20ft bass boat couldnt imagine going through it in a duck boat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts