Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this will be our 3rd year in a row to your great state! We are once again heading to Michigan from Missouri for the early goose season.

Whew, last year was STEAMY hot in the mid to upper 80's. We did pretty good with right at a hundo honkers in 5 days.

Good and bad in that one of my buddies who lived locally up there has moved north and doesn't look like we'll be able to gtg with him which he somewhat had the hook up on land but we have done alot of door knockin the last few years and had pretty good success so not toooo concerned. Still be hunting with another buddy whom lives there which will give us some access to new land even.

I know everyone loves pics, so heres a few from last year...

Anyways.. I always LOVE meeting new folks, so if you happen to be in the Thumb area.... shoot me a message. We'll be there the second week of Sept for 5-6 days.

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
Not in the thumb but close lol. We picked up some property with some ponds I need to scope out so we May be making a trip over to hunt around then as well good Luck to you. I've only been out your way snow goose hunting. You guys dont have an early season?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good deal, good luck to you too!

We do have an early honker season but its not til October and I need to kill some birds sooner then that :D

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Sounds like you dudes have a great time. Enjoy our state it's a pretty nice place to live. I bit citified for me but I live in the farming country on a local river. But I don't like big cities at all and by big I mean anything over 10,000 people. There is some swesome hunting to be had in this great state.

The early season is a great way to knock the rust off and get some good eating in the process. 100 birds in 5 days of hunting is good.

Enjoy yourselves and keep the economy moving.

Smoke

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind welcome, we do enjoy visiting your great state thats for sure!

Only about 3 weeks out, getting PUMPED to say the least.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will letchu know via pm, would hate the internet gods to kill me for posting it here :help:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts