Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never used boards, and i am thinking about getting a couple of inline boards.
i am setting a rod up for wire.
what do i want to get for a board ?

can you run a Dipsy off a board ?

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
You can not run a dipsey off a board. To much pull. Church boards run well behind copper and lead.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
i am setting a rod up for wire.
what do i want to get for a board ?

can you run a Dipsy off a board ?

Thanks
Kevin
You don't want to run divers behind a board and definately don't want to clip a board onto wire.
You will want a dipsey to run off the wire, and the diver will take the line to the side and away from the boat, similar to how a board would.
As mentioned, Church Walleye boards work well for most applications.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
It is possible to run a dipsey behind a Church TX-44 board. Check out YouTube for video evidence of this. Overall as above you can't beat Church boards and the new lockjaw releases.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys
I picked up a TX-44 board yesterday, and i am going to stop back and get a walleye board today, to see which one i like best ?

Kevin

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I could lone you a walleye board when I come over to see you Sat. if that will help. I would buy a Church boards and the new lockjaw releases if I were to start over. You might want to get a led core set up also.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
If you do try to run a dipsy off off a board dont use wire because you could kink the wire and damage the clips. Also make sure you adjust the dipsy so it is not pulling to the side at all and keep it on the inside board because you will have a heck of a mess if the lines cross.

Wire dipsys are highly effective right off the side of the boat.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could lone you a walleye board when I come over to see you Sat. if that will help. I would buy a Church boards and the new lockjaw releases if I were to start over. You might want to get a led core set up also.
Thanks Jim
I stopped and picked up a TX-22 to try, i should be good, but i will have to check out that lockjaw release.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do most of you use the Flags on your planner boards ?, or leave them off ?
it seems like most boards i see on other boats don't use them.

thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Do most of you use the Flags on your planner boards ?, or leave them off ?
it seems like most boards i see on other boats don't use them.

thanks
Kevin
I like the flags while walleye fishing but I see you are doing steel head/salmon fishing so that's something I have not do much off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts