Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all,give franks great out doors a big thumbs down for there crawlers we purchased today. 5 doz and and well over half of them were small,very small,about a dozen of them could not even use.you could buy the hand picked ones i think for 2.98 a dozen. :confused:which were bigger of course correct me if im wrong. we did limit out today in front of the pinniconing bar,18 to 20 fow. cuaght a lot of throwbacks,. half were cuaght on antifreeze pulling meat. oh the bugs ,were just plain horrible:rant: i think that they keep the biting flies away though,we never got botherd by one of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
first of all,give franks great out doors a big thumbs down for there crawlers we purchased today. 5 doz and and well over half of them were small,very small,about a dozen of them could not even use.you could buy the hand picked ones i think for 2.98 a dozen. :confused:which were bigger of course correct me if im wrong. we did limit out today in front of the pinniconing bar,18 to 20 fow. cuaght a lot of throwbacks,. half were cuaght on antifreeze pulling meat. oh the bugs ,were just plain horrible:rant: i think that they keep the biting flies away though,we never got botherd by one of them.
Everyone has choices....Why choose to be cheap on crawlers when you know the premium is there for you with way less mess! And the hand picked ones are only $2.39 for 18 not a dozen. Glad you are seeing that buying those .99 crawlers is a waste. Fishing matters....choose quality! I know nobody at Frank's would "suggest" you buy those.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Even the worst day fishing is better than your best day at work.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice job on the fish. Thanks for the P-bar report.

·
Administrator
26,962 Posts
Everyone has choices....Why choose to be cheap on crawlers when you know the premium is there for you with way less mess! And the hand picked ones are only $2.39 for 18 not a dozen. Glad you are seeing that buying those .99 crawlers is a waste. Fishing matters....choose quality! I know nobody at Frank's would "suggest" you buy those.
My question would be "why even attempt to sell an inferior product".:dizzy:

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
The Amish 1:00 dollar a dz Crawler's, Did us just fine today!! :evilsmile:evilsmile :evilsmile Bad deal on the crawlers. But good deal on the fish. Good job.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Got lines set by about 8:30 this morning pulled lines at 10:30 , 2 man limit 11-14 fow near the Pin. bar. 1 throw back 1 cat., 1.5 oz bb out 15', 1 oz inline weight back 25', large split shot back 65'. All with northland baitfish harnesses and $1 a doz. crawlers from Northern Wholesale in Pin. also had bug head nets purchased there for $6.99 each. Great day on the bay. I just hope the rookie that was with me doesn't think it is going to be that easy every time. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres the bottom line, ill go through 1000 crawlers a year, year after year,but when i buy night crawlers thats what i expect,night crawlers.not red worms. worst batch of crawlers i ever bought.just saying.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My question would be "why even attempt to sell an inferior product".:dizzy:
with that comment you obviously don't see what is going on here. A certain store, who sells the exact same crawlers....believe me I know....for more money isn't happy right now. The whole thing is kind of funny to tell you the truth. It just wasn't fair to customers of that certain store that wanted that certain price. So we don't offer an inferior product....We offer choices. You want it, we got it, but we have the better stuff too...unlike most other stores!

·
Administrator
26,962 Posts
with that comment you obviously don't see what is going on here. A certain store, who sells the exact same crawlers....believe me I know....for more money isn't happy right now. The whole thing is kind of funny to tell you the truth. It just wasn't fair to customers of that certain store that wanted that certain price. So we don't offer an inferior product....We offer choices. You want it, we got it, but we have the better stuff too...unlike most other stores!
Don't know what the cheap crawlers look like. But why even offer a cheap product to consumers and then they tell others you sell junk. Sell a good product for a fair price and even a premium product at a premium price.

I get excellent crawlers at about $1 a dozen. A flat of a 500 (41-42 dozen) for $40-45.

I have bought crawlers from the store up the road from you for $1 dozen (while visiting the area). Had to check out each container. Many were dead and slimy.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Frank's Great Outdoors graciously provided every boat with crawlers for the Walleye For Warriors event. I never had a problem with anything I purchased there. Before slamming a decent business why not tell them about the problem, and see how quickly they will rectify it. I remember old Frank G. when I was just a kid. Larry and Andy are a chip off the old block.:)

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Frank's Great Outdoors graciously provided every boat with crawlers for the Walleye For Warriors event. I never had a problem with anything I purchased there. Before slamming a decent business why not tell them about the problem, and see how quickly they will rectify it. I remember old Frank G. when I was just a kid. Larry and Andy are a chip off the old block.:)
Well said Frank. Spend the extra money for the 80 crawlers. You won't be disappointed! They are the best crawlers around.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts