Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the perch fishing been? Heading up tomorrow. All I want hear about is the fishing. :fish2: Thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
Was out by palmer this morning. About 30 boats out there. Caught some small perch. Didn't see many caught. The comercial guys were hauling in some though. We watched them dump about 50 big fish while they were emptying a net by us. I couldn't make out what the fish were. The wind picked up about 11:00. The didn't have their cannal markers in at great lakes in the morning, A guy beached his tracker bass boat on his way out. The markers were in when we came in though. Seemed like it was pretty shallow in some spots.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went out 3-31 at 10-2pm out the river mouth in 4fow. Nothing to brag about one 8in perch. Water temp was 42 degrees needs to warm up to 45-50 degrees. Watched them empty the nets and they were full of walleye and suckers. Talked to one of the net boats and they said there were more walleye in there nets than perch. THey said the run is a week to two weeks out depending on the weather. Everyone at the river and launch had the same results as me. SAVE THE GAS MONEY TILL AFTER EASTER!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same as previous post. Fished 930 - 230 on 3/31. 2 dinks just in front of the nets. Water clarity was around a foot or so. Water temp by the net was 43 degrees. Headed out to deeper water around 9.5 -10ft. Water temp there was a bone chilling 38.5. Nothin goin on there either. Stiff NNE wind bringin in 3 footers. Had to have yer sea legs boutchya. Another week or so, maybe 2 after lookin at the weather report for the remainder of the week. Looks like cold, snow, and wind on weds through the rest of the weekend. On our way in, seen some dumba%# come tearin out of the mouth in about a 17' polar craft (i think). Older guy drivin with 3 other yahoos in the boat. I told my buddy to watch this, and just as soon as I got that out of my mouth...BOOM!!!! he hits the sand bar full tilt. Just goes to show you that wisdom does not always come with age.

See you on the H20!

Big M

·
Registered
906 Posts
Any updates on the Pine? Do you guys think this cold snap shut'em down? I'm still waiting to hear when the run is starting. (or ending) I would like to get some lines wet next week. I called Great Lakes Marina several times over the last two weeks and they haven't said anything good to warrant me making a 3 hour trip up there.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Big M said:
.... On our way in, seen some dumba%# come tearin out of the mouth in about a 17' polar craft (i think). Older guy drivin with 3 other yahoos in the boat. I told my buddy to watch this, and just as soon as I got that out of my mouth...BOOM!!!! he hits the sand bar full tilt. Just goes to show you that wisdom does not always come with age.
Big M
Gotta laugh, because I haunt that area all fall in duck season, and that sandbar has caught lots of unsuspecting idiots. But the funniest thing I saw was last fall, on a bright sunny day, I was coming out the river and having done this for years now, since we have waders on in duck season I usually just jump out and wade the boat across that 30 yds or so. Well I tripped over something as I was wading along, and I look down, and here's a prop...yep, a prop! And a good sized one at that...I'm guessing probably a 40hp or larger! And it's just laying on the bottom right there. NOW THAT WOULD'VE BEEN FUN TO WATCH THAT HAPPEN! :lol: :lol: :lol: I picked it up to check to see if it were worth salvaging, but nah...I think the guy must've done similar stupid stuff to that prop before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts