Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Any body have any reports on the bass fishing in Pine Lake?
A buddy and I fished it a week ago today. We caught a bunch of dinks and maybe 5 that would have boxed. Three that were pretty nice...17-18". My trolling motor pedal puked out so boat control was difficult...or probably would have done a little better. Fun lake with plenty of water to fish. Most of our bites came shallower than I expected. Our nicest fish were near docks in 2-4 FOW...soft plastics.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
How's the boating pressure on that lake compared to others in the area?
To be honest, I've fished it twice...once last year post spawn in June and last week. Both times was a weekday morning, so no pressure at all. It's about a 40 minute drive from where I live, but would like to fish it more. Lots of fishy water and as cool as the lake map suggests. I love all the islands, coves, and points...would take many more trips to get a good feel of the hot spots. Not sure what it's like on the weekends. Quite a few cottages/homes with pleasure boats. The boat launch is also a little shaky with very limited parking...$7 launch fee. I absolutely love Gull Lake, which is just to the south. But I would guess the fish on Pine are much less pressured, but I'm just guessing on that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pine gets busy on the weekends, especially lake two. Pine is my favorite lake, personally, as I have pulled some nice fish out of there. Any questions about the lake, pm me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts