Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to be taking the family out to do some fishing/boat on the Huron river chain of lakes over the next few days (starting in portage lake), and I was curious if anyone could answer a couple first timer question.

1) I have a 19 ft champion with an outboard, is the water ways somewhat deep and navigable where I wont have to worry about bottoming out, or is this more of less meant to be done with a pontoon?
2) Is there enough room for two way traffic throughout most of the river?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
you should be fine I have a 21 ft nitro and never had any problems. If your bass fishing shouldnt need to leave portage lake. Unreal bass fishing in that lake.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you should be fine I have a 21 ft nitro and never had any problems. If your bass fishing shouldnt need to leave portage lake. Unreal bass fishing in that lake.
That is my plan for the morning. As for the afternoon when the wife and kids arrive, they want to make a trip up to zukey lake for lunch, hence the concern with the lack of rain lately

·
Registered
43 Posts
Heading into zukey might be a problem. It is really shallow when entering zukey. If you do try, make sure to stay to the right when entering zukey.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts